Huntingdon is a unique industrial city in the Haut-Saint-Laurent RCM that contributes to the economic development of the whole territory of 23,000 inhabitants.
Moreover, Huntingdon is located 20 kilometers southeast of Valleyfield, which has a population of about 65,000 inhabitants.
Note: Approximately 64% of Huntingdon’s population is bilingual (English/French).
Some points of interest:
- Vocational Training Centre for business in nearby Valleyfield College;
- Vocational Training Centre from the Commission Scolaire de la Vallée-des-Tisserands (CSVT) nearby;
- Huntingdon Adult Education and Community Centre (HAECC);
- Huntingdon Learning Centre (HLC);
- The area offers a large availability of workers that draw on generations of skills in the secondary sector (industry and manufacturing), a loyal and stable workforce with no strike history;
- A cost-effective labour pool.
In addition to the private sector, Huntingdon territory is home to the following institutions:
- Economic Development Corporation of Huntingdon (CDEVH);
- Emploi Québec;
- Local Development Centre (CLD);
- Community Futures Development Corporation (SADC);
- Registration Office (Ministry of Natural Resources);
- Banks and Credit Union: CIBC, BMO and Caisses Desjardins;
- Department of Public Safety:
- Team of First Respondents 24/7;
- Medical Clinic;